Below-Market-Rate (BMR) Affordable Housing
Download Preliminary Application Preliminary applications are available starting November 01, 2021 and ending November 22, 2021. Applications must be returned no later than November 22, 2021 at 5:00PM. Applications instructions:
- Digital applications may be downloaded from the following link above. Paper applications may be picked up from the leasing office (2200 John Muir Parkway, Hercules, CA 94547) between November 01, 2021 November 22, 2021 9:00AM to 5:00PM.
- Return applications via email to [email protected]. Applications may also be returned by mail at 2200 John Muir Parkway ATTN: BMR, Hercules, CA 94547. Applications must be received no later than postdate stamped November 22, 2021, by 5 pm. Postmarks will not be considered.
- In-person application drop off cannot be accepted. Applications must be returned exclusively through email or mail.
- Any incomplete, duplicate, or late applications will not be considered for the lottery or application process.
Households must meet the minimum income requirement of 2.0 times the monthly rent. Households are responsible for the following utilities: electric, cable/internet, and personal liability insurance.
- Studios at $1,318 /month
- One-bedrooms at $1,507/month
- Two-bedroom at $1,695/ month
Rent Income Limits
Households cannot exceed the 60% area median income (AMI) for guidelines below:
Household Size / Maximum Allowable Income
60% Area Median Income (AMI) Limit
Disclaimer: The 60% income limits and associated rents are subject to change due to changes in published limits or utility allowances and will be verified at the time applications are processed.
Building Selection Criteria
Households must also qualify under the rules of the building. Find out more about here.
December 08, 2021, at 2PM. The actual lottery is not open to the public; it is not necessary to attend the lottery to be placed. Lottery results will be posted to this website no later than 2 business days following the lottery.
Each applicant will be assigned a lottery ticket number. A virtual lottery will be conducted, and all lottery ticket numbers will be randomly sorted on Dec. 08, 2020. Lottery results will be posted here.
The first 15 applicants will be contacted to begin processing files. Households are processed in lottery rank and lottery preference order. Unit selection is based on ranking order. Once units are filled, the list will then be used as waiting list for any open units in the future.
Once the lottery results are in, the lottery applications will be processed in rank order starting with lottery preference and rank 1 15. A Post-Lottery Letter will be sent out to the applicants being processed and households are given one week (five business days) from the date on the letter to return the required paperwork to the property see below. An appointment will then be setup to review the paperwork and gather all other needed documentation. Please note that this process generally takes between two and six weeks to be completed and all files are reviewed and approved/denied by compliance department to ensure full compliance with the affordable housing requirements of the project. If additional paperwork is needed from the applicant, they will be given two business days from the request date to provide the documentation to the property. Once the file is complete, either an approval or denial letter will be sent to the provided address. The lottery list will be worked in preference and rank order until all units have been filled. The remaining applicants will be transferred in current order to the waiting list for future vacancies. Both the lottery and waiting list are closed until the waiting list has been exhausted.
Required Documentation Due Post-Lottery (Document list to be updated once finalized)
After the lottery, the following documentation is due for each household member who is 18 years old or older. Required documentation including, but not limited to:
If you work and receive paystubs, submit:
- Copies of 3 months consecutive paystubs, beginning with the most recent paystub. Provide employer contact name and email in Payroll/Human Resources Department which may complete the Employment Verification Form.
- If hired recently, provide Employment Offer Letter.
- If you are Self-Employed, you must:
- Complete a Self-Employed Declaration form
- Submit Year-to-Date Profit and Loss statement
- Submit most recent Federal Income Tax Returns. Include all Schedules, attachments, and W2(s)
- Submit Non-Filing Verification from IRS (if applicable) If receiving severance pay, Social Security, unemployment benefits (EDD), retirement/ Pension income, disability, public assistance, etc., submit:
- Most recent benefits letter(s) stating your monthly award If you are Unemployed and have ZERO income, you must:
- Complete an Unemployment Declaration form
- Complete a Certificate of Zero Income form
- Six (6) consecutive and most recent statements for all Checking, include ALL pages.
- One (1) most recent statement for all Savings accounts and all other assets (IE: 401K, Money Market, etc.) and include ALL pages.
- A written and signed explanation with supporting documentation for any deposit over $100 or recurring, other than that of your documented employment.
Email: [email protected]